A Statewide Network For Biology Educators
MCCB provides a state-wide forum for sharing instructional techniques and up-to-date information for teaching college-level biology. The organization fosters communication, friendship, and unity among the biologists of the twenty-nine community colleges in the State of Michigan. Our logo reflects the location of those 29 colleges. Two state-wide conferences are held annually.
Founded in the early 1980’s, MCCB began as an offshoot of COSIP (the College Science Improvement Program). Two COSIP groups were originally created in Michigan: a southern group of colleges (associated with the University of Michigan/Dearborn and directed by Dr. Hertzler) and a northern group of colleges (associated with Central Michigan University and directed by Dr. Carl Scheel). The initial meeting to form a statewide organization of community colleges took place at Delta College in 1981. The first slate of officers was elected at that time, with Eldon Enger as President and Janet Dettloff as Vice-President
- Assistant Professor of Biology – Microbiology November 16, 2017
- Spring 2017 June 28, 2017
- Anatomy and Physiology Adjunct Instructor at Delta College June 8, 2017
- MCCB Executive Board Meeting – December 2017 February 9, 2017
- Fall Conference 2016 December 30, 2016